Protecting your privacy is important to us. COPTS is committed to using your personal information responsibly.
- What information do we collect?
We collect and hold personal information such as your:
- personal details (eg your name, address and date of birth);
- contact details;
- financial payment details;
- online activity; and
- the ways that you have supported our work.
We may also collect sensitive information such as demographic information, marital status, or church denomination and attendance.
We collect your personal information directly from you. For example, when you fill out a COPTS form, or contact us via email or phone.
2) How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to process your donations, provide you with updates about our organisation, the work you are supporting and for future direct fundraising requests.
We use your information primarily to:
- process donations and issue a receipt;
- communicate with you about our work;
- send you information about how your donation is used;
- confirm who you are when you contact us;
- keep you updated about our work;
- inform you of new opportunities to support our work;
- comply with our legal obligations; and
- enable other activities and functions of the organisation.
We may use personal information to send you marketing and promotional material regarding COPTS. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these materials, please contact us on the details below.
3) To whom do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who assist us in providing our services or who perform functions on our behalf, such as professional advisors or IT service providers. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where required by law and to anyone else whom you authorise us to disclose it to.
We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients such as our charity partners in Egypt and/or any of our other overseas affiliated church bodies or organisations. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties have in place relevant security and privacy provisions.
4) Keeping your information safe and secure
We keep your personal information in both paper-based and electronic forms and take reasonable steps to ensure that information is protected from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our volunteers and other service providers are expected to keep your personal and payment information confidential and secure.
5) How to access or correct your personal information
You may at any time request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details below.
We endeavour to ensure that we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. If you have a query or complaint regarding privacy, please contact us using the details below. Inquiries and complaints will be addressed in a timely manner by our Privacy Officer on a case by case basis.