COPTS works with various organisations locally in Egypt to support communities in need. Our aim is to empower communities to be self-sufficient rather than aid dependent.
The flow-on benefits of such support means that members of a community are in better health and therefore more able to work and support their families.
Our community development projects include the following:
- conduct numeracy and literacy educational programs
- creating and financing small employment projects such as sewing and craft work
- supplying farmers with agricultural equipment and/or farm animals
- run agricultural educational programs for famers
- train community leaders to ensure continuity of community work
- educating communities about common health and hygiene practices
- supporting children in rural communities by providing healthy meals and supporting their education, spiritual growth and development
- running intensive training programs for local servants in rural communities
- providing developmental programs for adults centred on health care, improving their residency conditions and economic development.