Saint Mary Welfare Project Of Sangkhlaburi
COPTS supports the Saint Mary welfare project, which aims to establish a centre that accommodates around 220 orphans, and poor underprivileged children in the area of Sangklaburi, Thailand.
The area of Sangklaburi is known to contain a large number of orphaned children, who have lost their families as a result of the ruthless military regime of Myanmar close to the border. Christian tribes have been forced to leave their homes and flee to the jungle in this area, with massacres leaving behind widows, wounded elderly and orphaned children. Living conditions in this area are extremely poor.
The project falls under the Diocese’s registered welfare foundation in Bangkok.
Happy Heart Center El Mansoura
One of the many projects that COPTS supports is the Happy Heart Centre, which cares for mentally disable young people. The Centre was established in 2005 in Mansoura and is run by a group of servants from St. Mary’s Church in the region.
The Centre provides vital care for mentally disabled children, some of which have been exploited and abused. There is an urgent need to expand and accommodate an increased number of children in the Centre, which is currently renting two flats. By the grace of God, the Centre has now acquired a vacant block of land. However, funds are desperately needed so that building can commence for an equipped home for these children.
Choose a gift
With the high cost of living expenses, so many families in Egypt struggle to live above the poverty line. Your generosity can make a real difference to someone’s life today. Each donation is fully tax-deductible.
Name: Copticare Relief Fund
Bank: National Australia Bank
BSB: 082 184
Account 57424 9737
Paypal or Credit Card
Fill-in our donation form
Sponsorship: Sponsor a child, widow or family
When you sponsor a child, widow or a family in need, you don’t just give that person hope; you help that person see and feel the love of Jesus in their heart.
COPTS ensures its sponsorships benefit entire communities, not just select individuals. Our contacts in Egypt keep us informed of families living in poverty that are most in need. This way, we can ensure that all funds received are directed to those who need it the most.
Community Development Projects
COPTS works with various organisations locally in Egypt to support communities in need. Our aim is to empower communities to be self-sufficient rather than aid dependent.
The flow-on benefits of such support means that members of a community are in better health and therefore more able to work and support their families.
Our community development projects include the following:
- conduct numeracy and literacy educational programs
- creating and financing small employment projects such as sewing and craft work
- supplying farmers with agricultural equipment and/or farm animals
- run agricultural educational programs for famers
- train community leaders to ensure continuity of community work
- educating communities about common health and hygiene practices
- supporting children in rural communities by providing healthy meals and supporting their education, spiritual growth and development
- running intensive training programs for local servants in rural communities
- providing developmental programs for adults centred on health care, improving their residency conditions and economic development.